Happy Friday!!! So awhile back, I did a post about things that made my day and things that broke my day here. I thought it might be fun to do that again and I had high hopes of doing it every week, but alas, I have issues with staying on any kind of schedule or regimen (cough. . .exercise. . .cough. . .eating healthy. . .cough. . .personal picture projects). It’s how I roll. Today I’m doing it for the whole week instead of just things for the day because let’s face it, my days aren’t always all that interesting.
Things that made my week:
1. Coffee-time with Friends. Oh how enjoyable it is to sit for hours on end chatting about anything and everything. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the era where the women hung out all day and cooked and knit. Only, I would switch the cooking and knitting to eating delicious food that is terrible for you and singing karaoke on the Wii.
2. My new Camelbak Water Bottle. I hate drinking water, but this bottle makes it a little less terrible. The bite valve is kind of like chewing gum and makes you keep drinking water because you can’t stop biting it. Or maybe that’s just me.
3. The cleaning lady came this week. Nuff said.
4. Mongolian Grill food. This stuff is SOOOOOOO good and so fresh. Oh yea, and there is a Starbucks right next door. Now that is smart marketing for freaks like me can’t get enough beef and coffee.
5. Finally finding the culprit of the odd-smelling object in the car. It was a sippy cup of old milk lodged under the back seat. Being a mom is super glamorous!
Things that broke my week:
1. Salon de Kristin Rachelle. So I thought it would be an awesome idea to dye my own hair this week. I know for most people, going to the salon is like a mini-vacation. But for me, it’s the biggest pain in my butt there ever was. So I venture into Sally’s where there are a couple of really old ladies working who know NOTHING about hair dye. Oooooooook, alrighty then. I blindly choose some high volume developer and some ash blonde hair dye to keep the brassiness at bay. Because being super blonde is super awesome. Only it didn’t turn super blonde, it turned super orange. I decided to go and get a blonde highlighting kit from Walmart and some toner in an attempt to de-orange. I did get a lot less orange but I also got a lot more blonde. I am not really looking forward to my roots growing in. You’d think I would have learned my lesson when I tried this a bunch of times in my early 20′s.
2. My three-year-old’s fabulous whining stage. How can one little dude whine so much in a day? Doesn’t he realize when my face is contorted into something that resembles a freakish monster and turning a deep dark shade of crimson at the same time, that he may want to stop to save his life?
3. Realizing there were roller skates left behind my car after I ran them over. May they rest in peace.
Because no post is good without a picture, here is one of the two older kids getting along. I have to document these moments just so my feeble mind can remember that they actually do love each other once in awhile.
Have a great weekend everyone!